Link's Update - 03/17/2009 - The End Draws Very Near!

Hey all,

First off, Happy St. Patty's Day!!

I will be enjoying some yummy Corned Beef and Cabbage soon, and do hope that everyone celebrating is enjoying what you might like the most as well.

Now on to business...

I've found out two things today:

1.) I am not as good at Guitar Hero as I once was
and
2.) Radec sucks and I hope he burns in hell when I finally beat him!

About Guitar Hero, I was playing my favorite iteration, Guitar Hero II, and was playing some of my favorite tunes. Which tunes you ask? Well I played some Message in a Bottle, some Less Talk More Rokk, and some Tripping on a Hole in a Paper Heart.
All songs I'm pretty good with, 4 stars on expert, or higher...

But this time was different. It was like I was just learning again. I was all sluggish, missing simple phrases, not thinking to focus on getting star power when needed...I felt like someone who's out of shape trying to run a 50k without any training. So maybe if I'm going to pick up that guitar again any time soon, I should start with Hard first as a warm up and then work my way up to Expert again.

Now onto Killzone 2 and my good friend Radec...



Wait, did I say good friend? I'm sorry, I meant outrageously cheap, cheesy, pain-in-the-ass boss at the end of an awesome game that I would punch straight in the throat with great vengeance and furious anger if I ever met in real life!!



I mean seriously, this end boss is ridiculous. Not hard, not "oh, you just need to get used to it", it's just dumb. Radec shouldn't be this hard to bring down. I just had a friend of mine finish the game, and he told me he died sixty some odd times before he brought him down. Sixty. Where's the fun in that battle? I'm down with a difficult battle, but having one so frustrating that you want to break your shiny DualShock 3 in half is just simply not fun at all. And unfortunately puts a damper on until now, one of the best shooter experiences I've had since Call of Duty 4, or Half-Life 2 OR 1 for that matter. (It really did get that good. I know what I said before, but man if I still don't want to play everything but this damn boss battle again on every mode available!)



So why did this happen? Who knows. Maybe Guerrila just got lazy at the very end. Maybe they thought people would actually appreciate the difficulty. Maybe there are people who actually do like this battle. All I do know is, when I beat him, I'm doing a happy dance, and then going to multiplayer for a while because I can't handle facing him again anytime soon.

Now let's hope I can finish him off tomorrow morning, so I can do just that!

And on that bombshell, and it really kind of is one tonight, I'm off!

Night!


Comments

Popular Posts